Venmo is undoubtedly the most popular app for sending and receiving cash instantly with family and friends. It is even better for employees because it makes their paychecks available up to two days earlier than most standard banks.
If you want to set up a Direct Deposit with Venmo, you require a routing and account number to submit in the Direct deposit form. Your employer needs all this information to process a direct deposit.
In this article, we’ll know how to find your Venmo account number and how you can get one. So let’s dive right in.
What is Account Number
An account number is a unique user address assigned by the bank when opening an account. It consists of 9 to 12 digits and may vary from bank to bank.
Since Venmo allows users to set up direct deposit, it must have account details for each user who want to receive early paychecks.
Akin to a routing number that acts much like a bank address, an account number acts as a unique address assigned to a user. You can share your routing number with anyone, but you can’t show your account number because it’s your private property.
Typically, you can find your account number at the bottom of your check with most banks, but Venmo is not a bank, and it only supports cash a check through the app.
Venmo provides banking services through The Bancorp Bank, and it’s obligatory to have a Venmo Mastercard debit card to access the Direct Deposit feature.
How do I find my account number on Venmo?
It’s as easy as you may think. You can find your account details in the app’s card tab. If you’ve already applied and been approved for a Venmo Mastercard, you can see your account details at a tap of a button.
However, users with no Venmo debit card can’t set up Direct deposit or see account details. So first, apply for a card in order to access your account information like routing or account number.
You can follow the steps below if you already have a card.
- Launch your App, and make sure you’re signed in.
- Tap the Menu icon or Me tab located on the top right.
- Tap Settings on the bottom.
- Scroll down and click Direct deposit.
- In the next tab, click Show Account Number.
- In the account option, you’ll get your Venmo Routing and Account number. Simply copy the number or Click on the “Tap to show” to see your number.
You can also use a browser to check your Venmo Account details after logging in. There is not much difference in the process. You simply have to navigate the Direct deposit tab, and all the steps will be the same.
- Launch the app from your home screen.
- Tap the Cards tab located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on your debit card image, and you’ll see all your account details.
How to get a debit card on Venmo?
This is a crucial step in setting up a direct deposit. It’s already clear that without a Mastercard that Venmo offers for free, you cannot use your Venmo money, add money via direct deposit, or see your account information.
Identity verification not only allows you to explore banking services but also unlocks your personal weekly sending limit, which is just $299.99 for non-verified users. Besides, you can increase your purchase limit to $7000 per week.
Anyway, you must go through an identity verification to get the most out of the Venmo app. Venmo’s debit card has many perks, including early paychecks, split payments, cashback, and more. So to get one, follow the steps below.
- Open the app.
- Click on the Card icon at the bottom of the home screen.
- Click on the Debit card image.
- Tap the blue button “Get the Venmo Debit Card.”
- Now, pick the card color that fits your mood.
- Next, submit and review your personal information, like name and address. Make sure your address is valid so the card can reach your doorstep.
- Agree on the terms and conditions, and it will verify your details.
- Once verified, you can see the expected arrival time of your card.
Since it’s not a credit card, it doesn’t involve a credit check. When you receive your Mastercard debit card, you’ve to activate it through the app before you can use it anywhere.
Here’s how to activate a debit card –
- Once again, open your app.
- Tab the Card tab located at the bottom of the home screen,
- Click on the card to activate it.
- Next, enter your four-digit expiration date and hit continue.
- Create a new Pin, and your card will be activated instantly.
Why do you need an Account number?
If you only want to send and receive funds or make a payment online or in-stores, you don’t require an account or routing number. It is only for users who want to set up direct deposit to receive funds from their employers or add funds via cash a check feature.
An account number specifies a user’s account that a financial institution holds. Without such a number, it is unthinkable to identify which user and bank the transaction is for.
On Venmo, you require the account details to fill out the employer’s Direct deposit form to receive funds.
Why can’t I see my Account number on Venmo?
One of the main reasons your account information is not showing up is that you have no debit card. You’ve to apply for the debit card and activate it to have the app display your account details.
You can follow our guides to unlock the direct deposit feature and get a card. You may be asked for your SSN, driver’s license, and other personal information. Note that you only have to enter your home address, as you can’t use your office or P.O. address for verification. Also, you don’t need any other verification if you’re already approved for a debit card.
Wrapping it up
We’ve seen how you can find your account number on Venmo in a simple manner. However, you’ve to go through a verification process to unlock your account details, and there is no other way around.